5. Better Together

 Jack Johnson. Relaxing guitar and love songs. That is what he brings to the table. Better Together brought my wife and I together. It was our wedding song and is an expression of pure love. Love like the love that fills my heart whenever I think of, see, or am near my wife. "Love is the answer" is inscribed on my wedding ring and it is the answer for many of the curveballs that life throws at you. The rest of the answer is the love of my wife. She is one the thing that gets me through the tough days and as I have often said is the engine that keeps our family running. 

The song itself is simple and takes make me back a little over a decade when we had as little responsibility as we ever would and were newly in love. Back to the beaches of our Hawaiian honeymoon. A moonlit night with an ocean breeze gently blowing her hair and her purple dress as we walked Kaanapali Beach. A memory that I go back to anytime I feel sad. I hear this song and I feel thankful for the joy of a life together. Thankful that she has made me a better person and loves me in spite of all the baggage I bring. I need to revisit these memories more often because life today has a way of preventing you from finding the time to appreciate the little things. 

"I believe in memories they look so pretty when I sleep and when I wake up you look so pretty sleeping next to me, but there is not enough time"

She is my guiding light and the memories of our time together are beautiful. There certainly is not enough time and there is nothing as beautiful as my wife. 

#Jackjohnson #bettertogether #mywife #Hawaii #kaanapalibeach



Comments

Popular Posts