6. Sleepwalk

 Santo and Johnny. One hit wonder instrumental from the 50s.  Kind of strange to have in my list of well written songs that have been a part of my life over the years, but there is a method to my madness. I first recall hearing this song as a kid in the cheesy 80s La Bamba biopic starring Lou Diamond Phillips. REECHEE!!!!!! 

I heard it countless other times on the Oldies 104.3 radio station that was always on when I was in the car with my Dad as a kid.  It also was the last dance song at my wedding. The simultaneously relaxing and eerie cry of the pedal steel guitar seemed like a nice way to walk off into our life together after a beautiful day.  

The haunting cry of the pedal steel is what makes this song. It is as if it is talking. If you listen you can almost hear words. What they are saying is totally what you want them say. Is it sad, happy, haunting? You are in control. To me the song is about love and will always remind me of walking off into the future with the love of my life. 



#lastdance #labamba #pedalsteel #oldies104.3 #loudiamondphillips

Comments

Popular Posts